Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friends for Life

   Shortly after Eric and I found out he had cancer, we were instructed to come to the doctors office for a chemo class to learn what to expect and how to deal with the side effects of chemo. There sitting next to us was another couple who were also trying to cope with the news of cancer. Both our husbands were scheduled to start chemo the same day. As the weeks passed a friendship was quickly obtained, the support that someone can lend that is going through the same thing is irreplacable. Having someone to talk to during the long hours of sitting in the infusion room, and there for you when you are apart just to hear the latest and giving you a kind word of support. Our hopes for both of our husbands to be cured were in line to be finishing up chemo around the same time, both of our situations took a different road and the battle was yet won. Eric is now in remission, and he is still fighting. Fighting for his life, a beautiful wife, and four kids that need him. My heart weighs heavy tonight, wanting the same success for them as we have found. This disease is one of the scariest things I have been faced with in my life. You are helpless hoping for a cure, and not having time to waste on mistakes in treatment plans, as the bad only gets worse with time. Grateful we are so lucky to be where we are at today, and wishing so badly that their victory will soon be won.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! For Eric. I hope your friend finds success as well. I had a big grin on my face. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete